Taking classes at SCC while you are enrolled at another college is a smart way to earn credits while saving time and money!
Before completing an SCC admissions application, you should:
- Check with your college's registrar office to ensure the course you want to take at SCC will transfer to your home institution and meets your program's requirements.
- Ensure that the class is being offered and is available during your desired term.
Making Summer Plans?
SCC offers 9-week and 5-week terms over the summer with online, hybrid and traditional classes.
What Will Transfer?
See transfer articulation details and agreements at SC TRAC or CollegeTransfer.net , or view a list of colleges in South Carolina with whom SCC has transfer agreements. (NOTE: It is the student's responsibility to confirm whether or not a class will transfer to his or her home institution prior to enrolling.)
Ready To Get Started?
- If you have applied to SCC within the past three semesters, whether or not you've enrolled in classes, please contact SCC Admissions at (864) 592-4800 to find out what steps you need to take next.
- If you have applied to SCC for a term prior to Summer 2018, then you will need to re-apply to the College, and follow the steps below.
- If you have not applied to SCC, please follow the steps below.
Steps to Enroll for Transient Students
For a hard copy, download and print our Transient Student Checklist (PDF).
Apply to SCC
Submit Transient Coursework Approval Form
Submit a Transient Coursework Approval Form from your college to the SCC Admissions Center: PO Box 4386, Spartanburg, SC, 29305.
Official or unofficial transcripts will be accepted in lieu of the Transient Coursework Approval Form.
Official college transcripts can be requested through the Parchment Exchange website. IMPORTANT: Please email electronic transcripts to email@example.com.
Find out more details regarding transcript evaluations here.
Meet Entrance Requirements
Meet with an admissions specialist at SCC to determine if you should complete the placement skills assessment, or see if you are eligible for other options in placement requirements.
View details of all options for placement requirement
Confirm Acceptance, See Advisor & RegisterConfirm your acceptance into the College by visiting or calling the SCC Admissions Center at any SCC location.
Once accepted, an Enrollment Advisor will assist you with advising and registering for classes.
Pay Tuition & Fees
Follow up with the Financial Aid Office and the Business Office to confirm that your tuition and fees are paid.
Your balance can be viewed on your MySCC Portal account along with financial aid rewards.
Don’t get deleted! If you have not paid your tuition by the specified deletion dates, you will lose your class schedule and have to pay $75 to re-register.
Once tuition and fees are paid, obtain your parking decal at the Business Office, purchase books for classes at The Book Inn.
Buy Books: Visit the Book Inn, the SCC bookstore on the Central Campus with your schedule to buy books.
Parking Permit: Register your car for a free parking decal at the SCC Business Office.
Congratulations! You are officially a SCC student!