Become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in 6-8 weeks!
Workforce Pathways Scholarship Funds are now available to cover the tuition for CNA and PCT Programs! Contact us for details at 864-592-4900.
Certified Nursing Assistants perform activities of daily living under the supervision of nursing staff. Employment opportunities include positions in skilled nursing facilities, hospitals, medical offices, assisted living facilities and home health agencies. Students that successfully complete this state-approved course are eligible to sit for the South Carolina Nurse Aide Registry certification exam. This course is 110 hours.COURSE DESCRIPTION: To provide basic level of both knowledge and demonstrable skills for individuals who provide nursing or nursing related services to residents in a skilled nursing facility (SNF) or nursing facility (NF).
Prerequisites for CNA:
- Successful completion of BLS (Basic Life Support) for the Healthcare Provider.
- A Silver Level (Level 4) on the WIN Reading For Information test (test is free).
- A Level 4 on the WorkKeys test will also be accepted if the test is no more than 7 years old at the start of the class.
- WIN test is available at the SCC Tyger River Campus. Contact Christine Morris at 864-592-6190. WIN test also available at SC Works (864-764-1966) and Spartanburg Adult Education (864-706-4134).
- Students are exempt from taking the WIN test if they have an Associate's Degree or higher or: ACT (English: minimum score of 19), SAT before March 2016 (Critical Reading: minimum score of 480), SAT after March 2016 (Evidence Based Reading & Writing: minimum score of 510). Scores must be no more than 7 years old at the start of class.
- Complete a background check, 10 panel drug screen, and 2-step PPD. Influenza vaccine is required if attending clinical between October and March.
Start Date Campus Schedule January 10, 2022 Union Medical Center Click here for schedule January 10, 2022 Cherokee Campus Click here for schedule March 28, 2022 Tyger River Campus Click here for schedule April 11, 2022 Cherokee Campus Click here for schedule August 22, 2022 Tyger River Campus Click here for schedule
Cost: $1,350 - Includes textbook and South Carolina CNA Certification Exam Fee. Textbook will be available in class.
Tuition/scholarship funds are available for this class.For Registration or additional information contact Latasha Smith at 864-592-6209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.