Are you interested in becoming an EMT? SCC Continuing Education now offers an EMT-B course. Emergency Medical Technicians-Basic (EMT-B) respond to emergency calls to provide efficient and immediate care to the critically ill and injured and to transport patients to medical facilities. Call 864-592-6209 for more information!
Scholarship Funds are now available to cover the tuition for our EMT Program! Contact us today for details.
To provide a basic level of both knowledge and demonstrable skills for individuals who provide emergency care to individuals in a variety of settings including county emergency services departments, private ambulance and transport companies, and hospitals. The EMT-B is responsible for the initial assessment of the patient’s condition and is an integral part of patient stabilization. This 208-hour program is approved by the South Carolina Department of Health & Environmental Control (DHEC). Students who successfully complete this course are eligible to sit for the National Registry Exam.
Prerequisites for EMT:
- High School Diploma or GED
- A Gold Level (Level 5) on WIN Reading for Information test (test is free).
- WIN test is available at the SCC Tyger River Campus. Contact Christine Morris at 864-592-6190. WIN test also available at SC Works (864-764-1966) and Spartanburg Adult Education (864-706-4134).
- Students are exempt from taking the WIN test if they have an Associate's Degree or higher or: ACT (English: minimum score of 19), SAT before March 2016 (Critical Reading: minimum score of 480), SAT after March 2016 (Evidence Based Reading & Writing: minimum score of 510). Scores must be no more than 7 years old at the start of class.
- Complete a background check, 10 panel drug screen, and 2-step PPD. Proof of MMR, Tdap, Hepatitis B vaccine, and Varicella required. Influenza vaccine is required if attending clinical between October and March.
|Check back later! New classes coming soon!|
Cost: $1,800 – does not include textbook or National Registry Exam fees.
Workforce Pathways Scholarship funds are available for EMT.
Spartanburg Community College Health Sciences Department CCE is pleased to welcome Troy Sapp as our Emergency Medical Technician Program Instructor! Troy has been an SC-DHEC Paramedic and National Registry Paramedic since 2002. He also holds a B.S. degree in Emergency Medical Care and an M.B.A. Additionally, Troy has previous teaching experience in health sciences. We are fortunate to have Troy on our team! Please call 864-592-6209 for more information about our EMT Program!