If you enjoy direct patient care utilizing diverse skill sets, then this 12 week PCT Program is for you!
Workforce Pathways Scholarship Funds are now available to cover the tuition for CNA and PCT Programs! Contact us for details at 864-592-4900.
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) is able to work in a variety of healthcare settings including hospital, office, and long term care facilities. The SCC Patient Care Technician Program consists of Principles of Patient Safety, Medical Terminology, Electrocardiogram (EKG), and Phlebotomy.
Students who successfully complete the EKG and Phlebotomy courses are eligible to sit for the National Healthcareer Association EKG and Phlebotomy Certification exams respectively. Upon successful completion of the PCT program, students will be eligible to sit for the National Healthcareer Association PCT certification exam.
Requirements for PCT:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prerequisites for PCT are SC CNA Certification and successful completion of BLS (Basic Life Support) for the Healthcare Provider.
- A Silver Level (Level 4) on the WIN Reading For Information test (free test).
- A level 4 on the WorkKeys test will also be accepted if the test is no more than 7 years old at the start of the class.
- WIN test is available at the SCC Tyger River Campus. Contact Christine Morris at 864-592-6190. WIN test also available at SC Works (864-764-1966) and Spartanburg Adult Education (864-706-4134).
- Students are exempt from taking the WIN test if they have an Associate's Degree or higher or: ACT (English: minimum score of 19), SAT before March 2016 (Critical Reading: minimum score of 480), SAT after March 2016 (Evidence Based Reading & Writing: minimum score of 510). Scores must be no more than 7 years old at the start of class.
- Complete a background check and 10 Panel Drug Screen.
- Proof of Hepatitis B vaccines, MMR, Tdap, Varicella, and a 2-step PPD. Influenza vaccine is required if attending clinical between October and March.
Cost: $4065 - Textbooks are included in the tuition and will be available in class.
Tuition/Scholarship funding is available for this class.
Start Date Campus Schedule January 10, 2022 Tyger River Click here for schedule March 21, 2022 Downtown Click here for schedule July 11, 2022 Tyger River Click here for schedule