Your Career at SCC Starts Here.
Thank you for considering SCC for your next position! Below you will find a link to our list of open positions, directions for applying, and information on applying for the Adjunct Pool.
How to Apply for a Job at SCC
- On our open positions page, view individual positions by clicking on the “Job Title.” If you are interested
in the position for which you are qualified, click on the “Apply” button at the bottom
of the page.
- New Users – will need to create an account.
- Returning Users – after the initial account is created, you can simply sign in using your username or email and password.
In order to meet the fluctuating demands of enrollment, we often employ adjuncts to teach courses in many departments. Sometimes those needs arise suddenly, and we may review applications for potential new hires. If you would like to be considered for an adjunct position, please complete the Miscellaneous, Part-time Position Posting on our open positions page.
Some minimum requirements based on course type:
- Traditional Courses - most will require a Master’s degree plus 18 graduate hours in the subject for which you would like to teach.
- College Skills Courses - requires at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- Technical Courses - many require at least an Associate’s degree or Certificate.
- Health and Human Services Courses – most require at least an Associate’s degree, some may require a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
A few tips to make the most of your application
- SCC can only accept fully completed applications through our online application management system. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- Applicants must apply to each position of interest.
- Please be sure you have submitted your application. Draft applications cannot be viewed by HR or hiring managers.
- Once an application has been submitted to a posting, it cannot be edited.
- Resumes, cover letters, and any other documentation should be uploaded and attached to your application through the online application management system.
- For ALL Faculty Positions – an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) must be submitted along with your online application if the position requires a degree and/or certificate. If you are unable to attach the transcripts to your online applications, you may submit them to the HR office through email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date of the position. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Spartanburg Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin/ethnic origin, veteran status or disability in its admission policies, programs, activities or employment practices. The term “on the basis of sex,” when used in the employment context, includes pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation. The college complies with the provisions of Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Higher Education Amendments of 1986; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended; the South Carolina Human Affairs Law of 1972; and with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as well as the ADA Amendments of 2008 (ADAAA). For additional information on nondiscrimination policies, employees and prospective employees should contact the Associate Vice President of Human Resources, Rick Teal, at (864) 592-4617, located on the Giles Campus in the James P. Ledbetter Building, room 210.