Financial aid for Summer is available for those students who qualify and will be awarded
separately from the Fall and Spring semesters.
- You do not need to complete another FAFSA for Summer if you have already completed
the FAFSA for the previous Spring and/or Fall semesters. The Summer semester falls
within the same Academic year as the previous Fall and Spring semesters.
- If you begin classes during a Summer semester, you must have completed the FAFSA for
the award year in which that Summer semester falls under plus, you must complete the
FAFSA for the next award year, which begins with the upcoming Fall semester (starting in August).
- S.C. Need Based Grant, LIFE Scholarship, and the S.C. Teacher Loan are not available
during the Summer semester.
- Lottery Tuition Assistance is not available if you received a LIFE Scholarship during
the previous Fall or Spring semesters.
- All financial aid awards for the Summer can be viewed on WebAdvisor in early March.
Summer Semester LIFE Eligibility
LIFE Scholarship: Beginning Summer 2015, students who are in two year programs of
study may be eligible to receive one of their remaining two terms of eligibility during
the Summer in order to accelerate to graduation. To participate in Summer scholarship
disbursement, at the end of the Spring semester, a LIFE Scholarship recipient must:
- Earn a cumulative 3.0 LIFE GPA; and
- Earn an average of at least 30 non-remedial coursework during the Fall and Spring
terms, including AP, IB, Dual Enrollment, CLEP or exempted credit hours.
- A Summer term cannot be scholarship recipient s first term of enrollment.
First-time entering freshmen will not be penalized for any credit hours earned during
the Summer session immediately prior to the student s initial college enrollment.
The credit hours earned will not count against the terms of eligibility. The credit
hours may be used toward the annual credit hour requirement.
A student must demonstrate having attempted and/or enrolled in a total of at least
twelve credit hours over the course of the entire Summer term to be awarded.
SC LIFE Scholarship recipients having met the continued eligibility requirements at
the end of the Spring term are eligible for a Fall award regardless of their academic performance over the summer.