Many local agencies and facilities work with us to provide clinical experience, field experience, and field internship (Capstone) opportunities for our students.
Clinical & Field Requirements
EMT students will complete 24 hours of Field Experience on a 911 ambulance. Paramedic students will complete 270 hours of clinical in various hospital settings and, 180 hours of Field Experience and 180 hours of Field Internship (Capstone) on a 911 ambulance.
All EMS students must meet Clinical, Field Experience and Field Internship prerequisites and requirements that include the following:
Health forms comprised of Health Tests/Immunizations and a Health History are required of every student. Health Forms will be distributed during the mandatory program Orientation.
Criminal Background Investigation
Students must have a ‘clear’ status for seven (7) years with no history of violent crimes on the CBI.
A 10-panel urine drug screening is required.
Proof of immunization is required of all students BEFORE scheduling or participating in any clinical, field experience, or field internship rotations.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Varicella Vaccine or Titer (IgG Immunity Verification)
- Documentation of immunity is requires since having had chicken pox does not guarantee immunity.
- Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis)
- Tetanus (Td) Booster
- One (1) Td dose every ten (10) years
- 2-Step PPD (TB Skin Test)
- Influenza vaccine
- CPR Certification
- Required of all students
- EMT Certification
- Required of all Paramedic students
- A web-based safety training program that all students must complete annually. The cost is ten dollars ($10).
- Fit Testing
- HEPA Respiratory Fit Testing will be completed in class.