South Carolina FFA: Future Farmers of America
Floriculture and Nursery/Landscape Career Development Events
FFA Contest Saturday, March 19, 2022
Floriculture CDE check in by 9:00am and Nursery & landscape CDE by 1:00pm, Check in is located in the SCC Health Science Building lobby
Floriculture CDE Information: List (PDF)
Written Test: 1996 Exam (PDF), 1999 Exam (PDF), 2000 Exam (PDF)
Problem Solving Team Event: 2011 Floriculture Practice Exam (PDF)
Floriculture Plant Identification List: Plant list (PDF) This is a list of 60 floriculture plants from which 25 live specimens will be given for proper identification. Some pictures are attached, therefore, this page may take a few minutes to load.Floriculture Practicum - click on the link below for CDE information.
Nursery/Landscape CDE Information:
Written Test: Email Jason Gore for more information about this portion of the CDE
Problem Solving Team Event: Event overview 2011 Practice Exam (PDF)
Nursery/Landscape Plant Identification List: Nursery Identification (PDF) This is a list of 60 nursery plants from which 25 live specimens will be given for proper identification. Some pictures are attached, therefore, this page may take a few minutes to load.
Nursery/Landscape Pests and Disorders Identification: Pest Disorders (PDF)
- Participants will identify 10 Diseases and/or Disorders from the CDE approved list. These will be identified from pictures or specimens.
- Study sample photos from various sources of insect pests, diseases, weeds and physiological problems.
- Participants will identify 20 samples of either equipment or supplies used in the Nursery or Landscape business from the CDE approved list.
- The equipment or supplies may be from the design, implementation or care of the landscape.
- Additional equipment may be from the growing or sales of nursery plants.
- Be familiar with Nursery/Landscape Equipment and Supplies given on the approved list.