The AIM Center (Aspiration Inspiration Motivation) works to support your academic goals at Spartanburg Community College. AIM Center funds are generously provided through the Carl D. Perkins Basic Grant from the South Carolina Department of Education (Perkins V) is to provide financial assistance for books, child care, city bus tickets, and educational supplies to economically disadvantaged men and women enrolled in career and technical education credit programs. The AIM Center serves special populations including single parents, displaced homemakers, individuals with limited English proficiency, individuals with disabilities, students who are economically disadvantaged and students enrolled in non-traditional technology programs. Download a PDF of the AIM Center brochure.
- Financial assistance for books (program specific)
- City bus tickets / Transportation support
- Educational supplies (program specific)
- Referral to other support services on and off campus
Students who receive assistance from Student Disability Services, students from economically disadvantaged families (including low income youth and adults), students preparing for non-traditional fields, single parents (including single pregnant women), English learners (homes in which English is the second language), homeless individuals, youth who are in or have aged out of the foster care system, and youth with parents on active duty in the armed forces. Students enrolled in Associative of Arts or Associate of Science programs are not eligible.
To remain eligible for services you must:
- Return books and completed attendance cards provided by the AIM center by the end of the semester.
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours only 3 of those credit hours can be online.
- Be enrolled in a program other than transfer AA or AS.
- Be enrolled in courses outside of transitional studies (031 and 032 courses).
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Continued assistance is contingent on fund availability and adherence to the above requirements and program policies. Failure to return books or supplies will incur charges on your student account.
Please fill out the application completely and email to email@example.com or deliver to the AIM center in PDH 4. Once your application is received and reviewed an email will be sent to your SCC email with information regarding your request. If you have any questions or need assistance with your application contact the AIM center at (864) 592-4783. We are happy to help.