Get paid while attending classes and receiving hands-on training
The BMW Scholars program IS NOT currently taking applications. The next application
period will begin in late February 2022.
BMW Scholars apprenticeship program at SCC. Students that apply and are accepted into this program:
- Attend classes while working 20 hours/week at BMW.
- Get paid $14-16 hourly and receive $1500 in tuition assistance each semester.
How Does BMW Scholars Work?
This apprenticeship program partners with local area technical colleges, including SCC. Students attend class full-time while working part-time at BMW. Students further their education while gaining valuable experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment with the potential to become candidates for full-time positions at BMW after successful completion of the program.
Accepted BMW Scholars work 20 hours per week at the BMW Manufacturing plant in Greer, SC and attend full time classes at SCC. Students are paid $14-16 hourly and provided $1500 in tuition assistance. BMW Scholars are required to complete additional training at BMW and maintain a GPA of 2.8+. After completion of the BMW Scholars Program and Associate Degree, Scholars are considered for full time employment.
The first step in the application process is to enroll in Spartanburg Community College
in an approved area of study.
To talk to an admissions advisor for information about enrolling, go to www.sccsc.edu/admissions or email firstname.lastname@example.org
BMW Scholar Qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be officially admitted to SCC in the Mechatronics, Management, or Automotive Technology Associate Degree program.
- Be entering your first semester in Fall 2022 (BMW Scholars) or graduating your SCC program in Spring 2022 (BMW Fast Track).
- Have a minimum 2.8 GPA from your most recent education; must maintain this GPA throughout the duration of the sponsorship
How to Apply for BMW Scholars:
- Gather Your Required Application Documents:
- Unofficial transcript from most recent education (showing 2.8+ GPA)
- SCC class schedule or SCC Acceptance Letter
- Email Jennifer Little at email@example.com to get step-by-step online application instructions.
BMW Scholars Hiring Process:
- Online Application (contact Jennifer Little for application instructions)
- Pre-Employment Testing at BMW
- Interview at BMW
- If selected, offer made (Contingent on passing the next three items)
- Strength test/physical at BMW
- Background check at BMW
- Drug screen at BMW
- Cleared to start