Jennifer Little, Director of Career Services, Spartanburg Community College
P Dan Hull E-1; (864) 592-4808; firstname.lastname@example.org
The BMW Scholars program is not currently taking applications. The application usually opens in early Spring for a Fall start date. Those interested in applying should begin by completing admission to SCC for the Fall semester.
BMW Scholars is an apprenticeship program that partners with local area technical colleges. Students attend class full-time while working part-time at BMW. Students further their education while gaining valuable experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment with the potential to become candidates for full-time positions at BMW after successful completion of the program.
Accepted BMW Scholars work 20 hours per week at the BMW Manufacturing plant in Greer, SC and attend full time classes at SCC. Students are paid $13-15 hourly and provided $1500 in tuition assistance. BMW Scholars are required to complete additional training at BMW and maintain a GPA of 2.8+. After completion of the BMW Scholars Program and Associate's Degree, Scholars are considered for full time employment . Students who complete their degree before they complete the 2 year apprenticeship will work 30 hours per week for the remainder of the two years before being considered for a full time position.
The first step in the application process is to enroll in Spartanburg Community College in an approved area of study. For more information about enrolling, go to www.sccsc.edu/admissions.
BMW Scholar Qualifications:
- At least 18 years old
- Officially admitted to SCC in the Mechatronics, Management, or Automotive Technology Associate Degree program.
- Minimum 2.8 GPA from your most recent education must maintain this GPA throughout the duration of the sponsorship
How to Apply:
- Gather Your Required Application Documents:
- Unofficial transcript from most recent education (showing 2.8+ GPA)
- SCC class schedule or SCC Acceptance Letter
- Email Jennifer Little at email@example.com to get step-by-step online application instructions.
BMW Scholars Hiring Process:
- Online Application (contact Jennifer Little for application instructions)
- Pre-Employment Testing at BMW
- Interview at BMW
- If selected, offer made (Contingent on passing the next three items)
- Strength test/physical at BMW
- Background check at BMW
- Drug screen at BMW
- Cleared to start