SCC's LPN Program: Apply Today!
NOTE: The LPN program at SCC is located at the SCC Cherokee County Campus in Gaffney, SC. You must be a currently enrolled student at SCC to apply for Licenced Practical Nurse - LPN - program! The application will be available in the MySCC Portal for all current students.
Apply to Spartanburg Community College if you are not already a current student. Students need to be accepted to SCC before applying for the program. All transcripts should be sent directly to the SCC Admissions department if you are transferring classes. Please contact them at (864) 592-4800 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding transcripts.
LPN Application Process
How do I apply? Admission Requirements:
Admission into the SCC nursing program is very competitive. All applications are carefully reviewed by the School of Nursing. Please consult the Spartanburg Community College academic website and the nursing website (www.sccsc.edu/nursing) for more details, including the Frequently Asked Questions section.
Minimum Admission Criteria:
- Applicants must be admitted to Spartanburg Community College and have a minimum GPA of 2.5 in required general education courses
- Applicants must earn a grade of C or better in all prerequisite courses. All general education courses do not have to be completed to apply to the program.
- PN students need BIO 112. They are eligible to substitute BIO 210 & BIO 211, if successfully completed within the prescribed time range, but neither is required. BIO 225 is also not required for PN. Please view the current Biology Policy.
- Applicants must complete the TEAS test to be considered for admission. Details for the exam can be found in the TEAS Policy.
Apply to SCC, if you are not a current SCC student.
If you are already a current student at SCC, go to Step 2.
- Submit your application for the SCC LPN program. View and download items needed for this packet in the next section.
- Application for Spring 2022 will be accepted for Fall 2022. LPN - November 7-10, 2022
- Application documents are submitted on the ADN MySCC Portal site.
Items to be Completed for Application Packet
- Enter grades for all general education courses completed.
- If you have exempted a course, do not include that course.
- GPA must be 2.5 or higher for general education courses.
- Use the interactive GPA Calculator PDF to aid in collecting this information.
- All applicants must upload a copy of a SCC unofficial transcript to support courses/grades included on selective ranking sheet, even if all courses were transferred in.
- Students must upload a copy of their official scores on the TEAS test. Version VI, VII or the online test, TEAS at ATI.
- If you have taken the TEAS test at another school, your official scores must be transferred to SCC for verification. Request TEAS scores to be transferred at ATI store (new website)