SC Needs Based Grant
Obstacles Won't Stand in Your Way!
SCNBG is designed to provide additional financial aid to South Carolina's students with the most needs. To apply, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and your financial aid file while funding is still available. The maximum award is $2,500 per year for full-time enrollment. Students must sign a certification statement each year to receive this grant.
Requirements for Students Receiving SCNBG:
- If you are enrolled full-time for the fall and spring semesters, you must earn a minimum of 24 credit hours during the academic year.
- If you are enrolled part-time for the fall and spring semesters, you must earn a minimum of 12 credit hours during the academic year.
- If you are enrolled in a combination of full-time and part-time for the fall and spring semesters, you must earn a minimum of 18 credit hours during the academic year.
- You must also meet the satisfactory academic progress (SAP) policy, maintain a minimum, cumulative GPA of 2.0 and complete the FAFSA and your financial aid file each year while SCNBG funds are still available.
- If you earn a credential, you must be seeking a higher credential to receive additional funds. For example, if you earn a certificate you must be seeking a diploma or degree. The total amount a student can receive is $2,500 if enrolled in a certificate or diploma program and $5,000 if enrolled in an associate degree program.