Need Help with Textbooks?
The Rufus H. Foster Textbook Fund is Here to Help.
Do you live in Cherokee County? Need help funding your instructional supplies and materials? The Rufus H. Foster, Jr. Instructional Supplies and Materials Fund may be right for you! To qualify for this fund, a student must complete an application through the SCC Foundation, demonstrate financial need, live in Cherokee County, apply, be accepted, enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours, and enrolled in a program that awards either a certificate, diploma or degree at SCC, have a completed financial aid packet, and after the first semester, maintain a minimum GPA of 2.2.
This fund will cover 85% of the cost of supplies and materials while the student will be responsible for 15%. This request should not exceed $500.
Before you apply for assistance:
- FAFSA submission is required.
- Applicants must have applied for all other assistance, including loans.
- Applicants must show proof of financial hardship which has been created by events beyond their control.
- Applicants may not have a past due balance with the College.
- Applicants must provide both a detailed explanation and proof of why the funds are needed; I don’t have money is not enough.
Requirements for this fund:
- 2.0 GPA or higher required.
- Applicant must have completed 6 or more credit hours at SCC and be currently enrolled in 6 or more credit hours.
- The maximum award is $500.
- This fund may only be awarded once per calendar year.
The following circumstances are NOT considered acceptable reasons to apply:
- Need help paying college tuition or fees
- Need help with past due debts to college, including old student loans
- Childcare costs (please contact the AIM Center for these resources)
- Non-Emergency related medical bills
- Non-Emergency related travel costs
- Any Non-Essential or Entertainment related monthly fees including but not limited to; cable, streaming services, online gaming subscriptions, and internet service (to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- A life event from more than 1 month ago, except for events which have prevented the applicant from working since they occurred
- Day to day expenses such including but not limited to; rent, car payments, phone bills, and electric bills, unless they are past due because of an event beyond the applicant’s control