Looking to Transfer? Personalized Education Starts Here!
With free tuition, smaller class sizes, flexible scheduling and more than 70 programs of study for high-growth, high-demand careers. why wouldn't you transfer to SCC?
Our supportive, caring faculty and staff are here to help you make the transition. Become a Chaser today!
- To receive a degree, diploma or certificate, transfer students must complete at least 25 percent of their program semester hours at SCC. The remaining 75 percent may be any combination of transfer credit, American Council on Education (ACE) College Credit, Advanced Placement (AP), articulation from secondary and vocational/technical schools, CLEP, credit by examination, or experiential learning. Refer to the current SCC catalog for procedures and requirements for credit from any of these sources.
- The registrar evaluates credits from other institutions. The registrar may seek input
from thed dean or department head to determine the applicability of specific courses.
The vice president for academic affairs has final approval on transfer credits to
a specific program of study. In general, transfer credit is awarded when a course
- from a post-secondary institution accredited by a regional accreditation association, such as the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- similar in content to the catalog synopsis of the corresponding course at Spartanburg Community College
- required, or permitted as an elective, in the program
- graded at a letter grade of "C" or better, or a numerical grade of 2.0 or better (on a 4-point scale)
- Not a duplication of credits already earned.
- SCC reserves the right to determine whether a particular course meets the requirements and standards for college transfer. Although a course may be transferable, it may not necessarily apply to a particular major (degree, diploma, or certificate). Program displays in the Spartanburg Community College catalog include the general education, major, and elective requirements for each program of study at the college.
- Spartanburg Community College does not use transfer credits in grade point average (GPA) calculations.
How Do I Enroll as a Transfer Student?
To be considered for all types of federal and state assistance including grants, student
loans, work study and Lottery Tuition Assistance, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
You do not have to wait to complete the financial aid process before proceeding with the following enrollment steps. However, to be awarded financial aid you must complete the admissions process.
Instructions for applying for financial aid
Important information for transfer students
Important dates for financial aid
Submit your official high school, GED or college transcripts to the SCC Admissions Center: PO Box 4386, Spartanburg, SC 29305. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
- Applicants who have earned an associate degree or higher from an accredited institution are not required to verify high school graduation or the equivalent provided official college transcripts are submitted indicating the highest degree earned.
Applicants who do not have a 2- or 4-year degree from an accredited institution must submit an official high school transcript or GED scores.
Official college transcripts can be requested through the Parchment Exchange website. IMPORTANT: Please email electronic transcripts to email@example.com.
GED transcript information can be obtained at www.ed.sc.gov or by calling 1-803-734-8347.
Confirm your acceptance into the college by visiting or calling the SCC Admissions Center at any SCC location.
Once accepted, an Enrollment Advisor will assist you with advising and registering for classes.
Follow up with the Financial Aid Office and the Business Office to confirm that your tuition and fees are paid.
Your balance can be viewed on your MySCC Portal account along with financial aid rewards.
Once tuition and fees are paid, obtain your parking decal at the Business Office.
Visit the Book Inn, the SCC bookstore on the Giles Campus, with your schedule to buy books.
Register your car for a free parking decal at the SCC Business Office.
Congratulations! Welcome to SCC!